Friday, November 21, 2008

Frugal Friday

I've mentioned before at least one book that's available totally online -- John Taylor Gatto's The Underground History of American Education. There are other entire books available online, too. The Baldwin Online Children's Literature Project makes available books that are in the public domain. Many of these books are very old -- pre-1923, but there are a few more recent books on this site, too. I've used this site for a couple of books and found it very easy to use. You can print out entire books or just parts. You decide what font you want and whether you want the pictures printed, too. I look to this site first whenever I need an out-of-print book and have usually found what I need.

Please comment if you know of other sources for free books online.

No comments: